Hey everyone, I recently found a recipe for vegan pasta salad that has loads of protein, and tastes great. For me, this recipe will yield about 2 maybe 3 servings, but I eat large portions so it can easily be divided into smaller sizes for more servings. The really cool thing about it is that it can be eaten warm or cold, and it is packed with antioxidants.
Not only is it riddled with great ingredients, but don’t fear the pasta. This is a great brand of pasta I have found that replaces some of the carbs with insoluble fiber. That makes it even better for you! Let’s dive in!
- 4 Cups of Dreamfields Rotini Pasta (6 servings)
- 2 Large Handfuls of Mixed Greens
- 1 Package Firm Tofu (I use Nosoya)
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- 1 Can of Chickpeas
- 1 Cup of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup of Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Tablespoon of Oregano
- 2 Teaspoons of Rosemary
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- First begin by boiling 8 cups of water, adding a dash of Olive Oil, and Salt. Add the Pasta once it begins boiling and cook till your desired toughness.
- Open, and dry the Tofu by wrapping it in a paper towel, gently squeezing it. Place it with the Red Wine Vinegar, Olive Oil, Oregano, Rosemary, Onion Powder, Parsley, and Garlic in a blender. Blend until smooth
- Thinly slice the Red Onion anyway you want, I go for a lengthwise cut as shown
- After straining the cooked pasta, strain and rinse the cans of
- Beans and Chickpeas. Add them all into a large pot, with the sliced Red Onion
- Toss in a few handfuls of Mixed Greens, and dress to your liking!
This is such an easy, energy boosting recipe. In the past few weeks I have made it around four times, and I think I’ve finally perfected it! It makes for a great meal on its own, or for a side dish, enjoy the finished product!