Hey everybody, I’ve been testing out a new meatless bolognese recipe for the past week or so, and after about 5 tries I think I’ve perfected it!
This recipe is going to be great for satisfying that comfort food we all sometimes need. It will leave you feeling full, but far from guilty.
Let’s dive in!
- 1 Box Dreamfields Pasta (Spaghetti or Angel Hair)
- 1 Cup of Lentils (I use Melissa’s pre-steamed)
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Basil
- 1 Teaspoon of Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- First, begin by boiling around 8 cups of water. I like to add Salt to the water, along with some Olive Oil, but that is up to you
- Once the water is boiling, add the Pasta and cook it for 5-6 minutes
- Take a large cup, and place it underneath your strainer, then once the Pasta is completely cooked, strain the water over the cup, and save the water. Remove the cup and rinse the pasta.
- Empty the cup back into the pot to reboil, then add the bag of Lentils. I like to do this as it saves a lot of time with boiling new water
- After a few minutes, dump out the water, and remove the bag of Lentils. Carefully, cut open the bag and empty it into the pot, along with the can of Diced Tomatoes
- Mix the two together, until well heated, and add the Basil, Oregano, and Garlic
- Using a hand blender, blend 1/2 of the pot as shown in the picture
- Mix the Pasta with the sauce and you’re done!
- Enjoy the finished product
A little tip for making the sauce thinner would be to use more tomatoes, or less lentils.
To make the sauce thicker use less tomatoes, or more lentils.
I hope you enjoy making this as much as I did! It takes around 15-20 minutes and tastes absolutely delicious.