Hey everybody, I’m back with a new recipe loaded with tons of different health benefits. To start it is Vegan, and filled with loads of different vegetables and protein sources that can be swapped around with any of your favorites!
**This is an excellent meal prep recipe**
Let’s jump into the ingredients:
- 3 Cups of Spinach
- 1 Cup of Black
- 1 Small container of Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup of Quinoa
- 1/2 Block of Tofu
- 1 and 1/2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 and 1/3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes
- First begin boiling a little over a cup of water. Once at a boil add in the Quinoa, lower the heat, and cover it
- Next open the Tofu, and start forcing the water out gently pressing it on paper towels, or a cloth. To really dry it out, slice the block in half, place it in a cloth or towel and place something heavy like a pan on top
- Once the Tofu is thoroughly dried out, cube it intosmall 1-1/2 inch squares. Season it using the Cayenne Pepper, Cumin, Paprika, and Red Pepper Flakes.Mix it all up adding Salt and Pepper as you please
- Heat up a pan to medium-high heat, and add the Tofu blocks. Cook these anywhere from 10-25 minutes depending on how crispy you like your Tofu
- While the Tofu cooks, add a clove of Garlic, and
a Tablespoon of Olive Oil to another pan. Let that heat on high, and add the Spinach. Quickly cook it down until most of the leaves have begun to wilt. Remove from heat immediately, and set it aside
- Using the same pan from the Spinach, add the remaining Teaspoon of Olive Oil, and Garlic to the pan. Heat it up, and add the Mushrooms. Cook for 5-7 minutes until they start to moisten
- Lastly, heat up the cup of Beans, whether it be in the microwave or the stove
- Layer the bottom of the bowl with Quinoa, and add the sides all around! Either eat it as I show in the picture, or mix it all up as I did after the picture!
Enjoy! I felt so clean after eating this, and while the recipe is only for one serving, I actually used about twice what I listed because the Beans, Mushrooms, and Tofu all had leftovers from their packages.
I’m excited for next week, I will hopefully have a more dessert style recipe, but I have not tested it yet so I hope it’s good! I also wanted to mention that I have been working on fixing the site up, but I’m having some issues connecting my recipes to the physical recipes page so bear with me!